In general chemical peels are available to patients with permanent scars that are light. In the chemical peel process the skin surface is subjected to an array of chemical acids that remove its top layer revealing the smoother fresh layer of skin beneath.
Just like dermabrasion treatments, chemical peels don’t produce great results for patients who have severe scarring. The new skin is smoother; less wrinkled, and may be more even in color.
There are three types of chemical peels
1. Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) are naturally organic carboxylic acids such as glycolic acid, a natural constituent of sugar cane juice and lactic acid, found in sour milk and tomato juice. This is the mildest of the peel formulas and produce light peels for treatment of fine wrinkles, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne.
2. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is used as an intermediate to deep peeling agent in concentrations ranging from 20-50%. Depth of penetration is increased as concentration increases, with 50% TCA penetrating into the reticular dermis. Concentrations higher than 35% are not recommended because there is a high risk of scarring.
3. Phenol Peels are the strongest of the chemical solutions and produces a deep skin peel. Recent studies suggest that phenol is most likely only the carrier for another active component in the solution, namely croton oil. In fact, phenol alone produces only a light peel which is ineffective for restructuring the deeper dermal structures (such as wrinkles).
What Can Chemical Peels Do?
- Reduce fine lines, especially under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Treat mild scarring and certain types of acne.
- Diminish skin discoloration, such as sun spots, age spots, liver spots, freckles, or blotchiness.
- Refresh skin texture and color.
- Treat areas of dryness.
- Reduce uneven pigmentation.
- Improve the texture of sun-damaged skin.
- Remove precancerous growths.
What Are The Limitations of Chemical Peels?
- They cannot tighten loose or sagging skin.
- They do not remove deep scars.
- They cannot change pore size or remove broken blood vessels on the face; however, the procedure may improve the appearance of these conditions.
- They cause stinging, skin redness, mild skin irritation, and dryness.
- They require repeat treatment to maintain results; the use of sun block for several months is a must.
- They take several months to healing depending on the peel depth.
- They pose a risk for patients with heart problems.
- They cause permanent skin lightening by reducing the ability to produce pigment.
Exfoliation with enzymes
BIOCUTIS exfoliates the skin with proteolytic enzymes that dissolves dead tissues without harming living healthy cells.
Enzymes are molecules that catalyze chemical reactions of other substances. A proteolytic enzyme catalyses the destruction of proteins in dead cells.
In other products the strength of the enzyme may be too low and will not function properly or too high and will cause irritation. BIOSKINCARE is not manipulated or moved on the skin to perform, and can be used daily. It is thus recommended for acne, pimples, fragile or telangiectasis (broken capillaries) skin types that can not tolerate pressure or friction on the skin.
What makes BIOCUTIS skin care far better for your skin?
BIOCUTIS products are unique in that they significantly strengthen the walls of individual cells and capillaries, and trigger the proliferation of the water holding and adhesive molecules of the skin matrix while thinning and softening the tissue of the skin.
This is achieved by the action of enzymes that dissolve damaged and worn out cells and release their amino-acid components to then be used by the basal stem cells as ingredients for fibroblast proliferation and all the elements of healthy skin, including new collagen and elastin tissues.
BIOSKINCARE With Microdermabrasion Crystals = BIOSKINEXFOL
The cream is the same as in BIOSKINCARE cream but infused with microcrystals so that you may rub it on raised ,flat, or old acne scars for the physical breakdown performed by the microdermabrasion that helps the enzymes in the cream to dissolve the scars more quickly.
A microdermabrasion acne scar remodeling procedure is best for your facial skin if you have suffered scarring due to nodules, cysts or other severe forms of acne. The treatment will remove the skin’s top layer of dead cells and smooth out scarred tissues.
Microdermabrasion acne scars removal is an option for people whose severe breakouts result in scars on the face.
It is important to note that microdermabrasion is not a good choice for those individuals with the following conditions: rosacea, herpes, warts, eczema, lupus, and diabetes.
BIOSKINEXFOL microdermabrasion cream will further promote new skin cell production in the deepest layer of the skin as it clears dull and damaged skin.
Try BIOSKINEXFOL, powered with BIOCUTIS Serum, for 2 months. Gently massage the cream with micro crystals into the affected skin twice a day every day and you will see results quickly!
Chemical Peels or Skin Resurfacing
- Types of Acne Scars
- Ice Pick Acne Scars
- Pitted Acne Scars
- Rolling Acne Scars
- BoxCar Acne Scars
- Acne Scars Removal
- Surgery for Acne Scars
- Chemical Peel for Acne Scars
- Dermabrasion Treatment for Acne Scars
- Microdermabrasion for Acne Scar Removal
- Home Microdermabrasion Cream for Acne Scar Treatment
- Acne Scar Removal Cream While on Accutane
- Powered by BIOCUTIS® Serum
- Dissolves Scar Tissues with Enzymes
- Creates a Non Trauma Exfoliation
- Polishes Away Scars With Microcrystals
- Supports Healing By Your Immune System
- The Most Powerful Antioxidants
- Moisturizes Deep Within The Skin
- Removes Skin Blemishes
- Replenishes the Lipid Barrier of The Skin
- No Side Effects
- Money Back Guarantee
Ingredients in BIOSKINEXFOL
- Distilled Water (solvent)
- Peg-4 Olivate (emulsifier derived from Olive Oil)
- Sorbitan Olivate from Olive Oil (moisturizer)
- Squalane from Olive Oil (natural moisturizer and antioxidant)
- Hyaluronic Acid (in solution – moisturizer)
- Biocutis® Serum: Helix Aspersa Müller Glycoconjugates
- Corundum (Aluminium oxide) is the second hardest natural mineral known to science (next to diamonds). It is an inert substance and it is insoluble in water and organic substances, and its melting point is 2000 degrees centigrade. MSDS indicate that it is non-carcinogenic and non-toxic for ingestion. These properties make corundum better for exfoliation compared to alternatives like sugar, salt, sea salt (magnesium oxide), or baking soda (sodium bicarbonate).
- Glycerin (humectant)
- SUPRAPEIN™, a synergistic combination of botanical extracts that yields a natural preservative with a broad-spectrum of antimicrobial activity.
“I’ve been using your product for almost 4 months now and the results are amazing, my acne is gone just like the scars, and it’s also a great product for burns, wounds, etc. Great job!. “
N.M. New York.