(I) The skins protective layer has suffered damage and as a result there has been a significant loss of moisture (water) through its surface, and
(II) The density of proteins and sugars (GAGs – glycosaminoglycans and PGs – proteoglycans) that hold water has been reduced.
Proteoglycans are proteins linked to glucose chains called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) and are vital components of connective tissues. They play an important role in modulating the structure and regulating the functions of the skin.
The timely turnover of proteoglycans influences the development and differentiation of cells. Wound healing also depends on the level of PGs which if not adequate leads to abnormal scars, and thus play an important role in preventing keloid and hypertrophic scars.
When the skin losses glycosaminoglycans the supportive inter-cellular matrix weakens and results in loose, flaccid skin, both on the face and body. GAGs have a large water holding capacity, occupy a large space in the extra-cellular matrix and fill most of the inter cellular space between collagen & elastin proteins. They perform a critical role as shock absorbents and provide binding, hydrating and swelling pressure to cell tissues. In doing so, they enable skin to withstand compression forces and thus prevent tearing and scarring of the deep layers during pregnancy, puberty growth spurts, overstretching when practicing body building (in association with steroids) or by more than average weight gain.
Our BIOCUTIS® serum helps to moisturize dry skin from within, repairs the skin barrier and promotes the synthesis of proteoglycans and GAGs.
On the contrary waxes and oils seal the skin’s surface and prevent excessive water loss. Most cosmetic moisturizers loosen the skin’s protective barrier and hydrate (wet) the skin proteins but have the long-term effect of damaging your skin.For dry skin we offer three products
- BIOSKINBALM for very dry skin, eczema, and dermatitis (one of its ingredients is Rose Hip Oil).
- BIOSKINMOISTURIZER for the relief of facial dryness
- BIOSKINLOTION a moisturizer for the body
All of them contain the all natural BIOCUTIS® serum, a complex biological compound packed with enzymes, proteins, carbohydrate chains and trace elements that act as nano-machines and in concert to dissolve plugs that block pores and damaged tissues, trigger the proliferation of fibroblasts that give rise to new healthy skin structures such as collagen, elastin, glycosaminoglycan and proteoglycan molecules, and to eliminate redness and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Dry skin may benefit from lipid replenishment
Lipids and fats in the skin provide the epidermal barrier to transcutaneous water loss. These lipids in the upper skin area called the stratum corneum and are arranged in layers called lamellae. The lower skin layers contain more typical fats such as triglycerides and phospholipids while the upper layers have more ceramides, cholesterol and free fatty acids.
What is Lipid Replenishment?
Dry skin and eczema and conditions such as burns and psoriasis can repair faster when certain types of lipids are applied directly to the skin’s surface. However, defining the best lipids has proven very difficult because some lipid mixtures that help short-term skin repair eventually decrease the skin’s natural synthesis of lipids (by a biochemical process called ‘feedback inhibition’) and ultimately yield a damaged skin with a very low proportion of natural fats and oils.
While lipid replenishment methods are still being developed by dermatological scientists, ROSE HIP OIL is already excellent for lipid replenishment. ROSE HIP OIL comes from the seeds inside the rosehips of a wild rose bush that grows in the lush valleys of the Southern Andes Mountains.
The fatty acid composition of human skin oil and Rose Hip Oil are very similar. In both mono-unsaturated oleic and the essential fatty acid linoleic acid are prevalent.
ROSE HIP OIL has a high content of monounsaturated oleic (15-20%) fatty acid and the essential linoleic (44-50%) omega-3 and linolenic (30-35%) polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are called ‘essential’ because our body needs them but is not able to synthesize them and must get them through the diet or topically. These oils help to nourish and maintain a healthy skin and that is the reason we use it in our BIOSKINBALM for very dry skin, eczema and dermatitis.
BIOSKINLOTION$59.95 Add to cart
BIOSKINMOISTURIZER$69.98 Add to cart
BIOSKINREVITALIZER$99.98 Add to cart
Blog Category: Dry Skin Care
- Deeply Moisturize Dry Skin with BIOCUTIS Skin Care
- If you have dry skin then you should consider the fact that it may be a sign of a more serious condition. Since it is such a common ailment, most people don’t concern themselves much…
- Effective Dry Skin Care: This Is for the Extra Dry Skin!
- Dry skin is difficult to treat because it is less resistant to the aging process, more sensitive to environmental factors, and can easily become irritated with certain ingredients. However, an even more complicated skin type…
- Relieve the itching sensation of Eczema
- Many people dismiss their skin rashes as common and unimportant. However, they may be more serious than that. For example, eczema, a common skin condition, presents itself as a rash but can lead to blistering…
- 7 Tips to Prevent Dry Skin
- Your skin could be suffering from environmental factors, eczema, dermatitis or simple irritants that you may not have thought of. There are many things that you can do to prevent dry skin from controlling your…
- Skin Care Products for Dry Skin
- In dry climates, a decrease in humidity often leaves skin feeling dry and uncomfortable, so the importance of finding a good moisturizer is super important to treat dry skin….
- Biological Dry Skin Relief & Healing Balm
- Common Skin Rashes
- Dermatitis Skin Care Cream
- Dry Skin Relief With Rosehip Oil
- Itchy Skin – Dermatitis Eczema
- Psoriasis Scales – Relief & Treatment Options
ROSE HIP OIL
- Intensive Skin ReHydrator
- Prevents Skin Damage
- Attenuates Scars
- Skin Moisturizer
- Nourishes Your Skin
- Restores Normal Skin Color
“I have been using this product for a few months now and I’m definitely seeing results my skin is improved, the scars are healing and overall I have more self esteem, so thank you very much!”
Tanya Wood. Victoria, Australia
“I use rose hip oil as a moisturizer – it feels wonderful to dry and cracked skin, and is also a very effective post-sun soother. Whether or not it actually does reduce wrinkles (I can’t tell either way just yet!), it’s a handy remedy to have around if you’re prone to sunburn or dry skin.”
M G. Auckland, New Zealand
“Your product truly delivers what it says it can do. I have never found anything (and I tried ALOT of things) that could heal my face as well and quickly as your product. I had doubts when I first purchased it, but it has definitely performed (and so beautifully) above and beyond my expectations!! Send me some more!”
Karen M Gensheimer. IN, USA
“I ordered BIOSKINCARE earlier this year after trying almost anything to reduce my scarring. I did a search on the internet for reviews on BIOSKINCARE and found most were very positive so decided, what the heck! BIOSKINCARE is brilliant! It controls my breakouts (which I still get but this is due to my eating habits) and my scars have been reduced a great deal. Even my friends have commented on the difference. There are still a few scars here and there which I cover with make-up, but I will definitely recommend your products. Well done guys!”
Anne Bethfaith. United Kingdom.
“I have applied Rose Hip Oil on all types of skin. Rose Hip Oil acts on scars, reducing hyperpigmentation, flattening hypertrophia (bulky scars) and loosening up fibrous chords. All these effects end up in a near complete attenuation of scars.”
Dr Hans Harbst, Head of Radiology Department, Chilean Air Force Hospital, Santiago.
Dry Skin Care
|Click On Your Skin Concern||Dry Skin||Moisturizer||Skin Rashes||Dermatitis||Eczema|